One Knowsley vision, values and strategic intention
A resilient, sustainable and vibrant Social Sector which is collaborative and self-supporting
harnessing information, knowledge and experience
keeping it real, relevant and rooted in Knowsley
having the courage to be brave, be objective, be leaders and get the job done
One Knowsley has five strategic intentions that drive its work.
An independent sector of influence
- Inform and influence public sector policy and strategy.
- Influence and support private sector approaches to Corporate Social Responsibility to build Social Value.
- Build the conditions that create opportunities to stimulate growth of the Social Economy.
- Horizon scan, link regional and national networks into Knowsley.
- Be a strong, independent, credible and visible leader.
- Champion the value and independence of the Sector.
A sector with quality delivery and evidenced impact
- Be a champion of good practice that supports the Social Sector to be legal, compliant, ethical and safe in its activities.
- Champion principles that protect citizens, protect organisations, and create assurance for investors into the Social Sector.
- Lead Social Value education and approaches to impact measurement. Support the Social Sector to talk about and evidence the social value it creates.
An agile sector able to re-model, respond, accelerate and grow
- Champion the key strength of agility to re-model and respond to presenting need in communities.
- Enable opportunities for innovation to respond to opportunities created through market failure (austerity).
- Be a single point of contact to identify, mobilise and secure opportunities for growth.
- Drive the Art of the Possible.
A sector where voluntary community action & social business thrives
- Champion the social and economic impact of volunteering.
- Enable growth in GVA (Gross Value Added) of volunteering within the local economy.
- Scale and grow the value, assets and activity within the Social Economy.
- Enable voluntary community action and social business to start, grow, be resilient and thrive.
A resourced, resilient and sustainable sector
- In a climate of austerity lead a broader view of resource investment beyond monetary transactions to secure investment into the Social Sector in Knowsley.
- Identify, influence and secure a breadth of resource investment into the Social Sector.
- Maximise skills, expertise, time, assets, and new monetary investment opportunities to enable a well-resourced Social Sector.