- This event has passed.
Running a Community Organisation – Knowsley Illuminate Class
June 17 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Join One Knowsley and Adrian Ashton at our illuminate training programme that focuses on first steps on setting up, and what to do with your community group once you’ve formed it.
You can see the agenda for the training below:
Part One – proving to other people what you’re doing is important
* evidencing needs
* showing how your approaches are what’s needed
* capturing evidence to show your ideas are working
(will base content around adapted theory of change model or idea canvas that people can start to fill out as part of the session – will differentiate based on participating groups existing level of activity and experince)
Part Two – how to find and apply for funding
* different types of funding (and where to find them)
* making your case for support
* making sure you ask for enough money
(will seek volunteer to use as live worked case study to illustrate ideas and knowledge being shared with group)
Part Three – what to do with the funding once you’ve got it
* record keeping that funders will want (including basic bookkeeping)
* checking everything is ‘on the level’ legally
* why all of that is important…
(highlighting ‘clawback’ and opportunity that reporting to funders helps to identify what needs to happen next, thus creating self-referencing loops to the other content in this session)
Spaces are limited, please book on via this Eventbrite link.
Please note: parking is available at the rear of this building.