As part of Dementia Action Week 2021 Sight and Mind (CIC), in collaboration with One Knowsley’s Social Prescribing Team, will be running an Introduction to Dementia Awareness webinar FREE to all of Knowsley based organisations within the Community, Voluntary, Faith and Not for Profit sector – volunteers, staff and service users.
The number of people living with dementia globally is increasing rapidly. In Knowsley there are currently around 1700 people living with dementia. However, it is estimated by 2030 the number of people aged 65 and over living with dementia in Knowsley will increase by 33%.
This webinar will raise awareness and share insights into what dementia is and how people living with dementia can live well.
The Webinar will be taking place via Zoom on Tuesday 18th May 9.30- 11.30 am.
If you are interested in attending please book your place by emailing Jacqueline.King@OneKnowsley.org by Friday 7th May.
The Webinar will cover:
• What is dementia?
• The impact on the person and their family, friends and colleagues.
• The importance of living well with dementia and the possible barriers and hurdles.
• Person centred practice and why it is vital.
• Transition stages.
• Words and behaviours to avoid. Identifying stresses and triggers.
• Disorientation with time and place.